As I've had kids in my house for years, I've always said one thing over and over "DON'T THROW THE BALLS IN THE HOUSE" Thursday night I was doing an AWESOME bowel prep for surgery so I wasn't able to keep an eye on kids, I was living in the bathroom. This consisted of taking 3 horse pills that tasted worse than any prenatal pills. I had to take them every 15 minutes. There was 40 of them. I had to do this at noon and I was "dying" still around 8pm. Jake was finishing up the cleaning the things that didn't get done before Thursday, you know like mopping, the bathrooms, the entryway, the stairs...The little kids were
"playing" Foosball. Jake said that he was in the bathroom cleaning and he heard the Foosball table and the kids playing with it. When he came out he turned on the TV to put a movie on for Bridger and saw this....

Jake was upset, but not any worse if the kids had been into his stuff. Jake stormed upstairs to tell me what had happened, or at least that the TV was broken. He was pretty calm considering the damages...When I retired myself from the bathroom to come and take a
look at the damages, sure enough. Our discovery was that the sound Jake heard was not the kids playing Foosball. It had to have been the Foosball itself being thrown at the TV.

See the smaller ring in the middle of the break?
I called a company here in Wasilla that repairs TV's. Apparently it's going to cost nearly triple the cost of the TV to repair it. So we don't have a TV for the Xbox, the Wii, the TV, or anything else for that matter :)
What I don't mention is that I told the smaller kids to do that so that we could have a better reason to have it off :)
Just kidding. When I sat the smaller kids down to find out what happened all I got was fingers pointing at each other and they both would say, "
I don't know" My guess is that Bridger threw it. He's the hyper ball throwing kid in my house. The boys weren't home when this went down, so I can't even blame them. We still have a tiny TV upstairs that can be watched after kids are in bed, but the smaller kids aren't allowed to be watching any TV for awhile. They are both grounded because neither of them will fess up. We won't be doing any movies for awhile....UGH!!! So I guess my comment still stands
"DON'T THROW THE BALLS IN THE HOUSE"
2 comments:
O.K. I don't even know what to say to that one!!!! Guess it will be a while before the kids watch movies!!!! I didn't know those kind of tv's had glass in them. I'm sure sorry yours got broken. If you are like us, it is not likely to be replaced any time soon. I know we couldn't!
That is awesome Ty, not the broken tv, but how you blogged it. At least your story had flair..remember i broke our tv falling on it while painting, not an interresting story to say the least. I agree Don't Throw balls in the house kids!!! Sorry for your loss.
Post a Comment