
I know this is late. I've been occupied doing other things. But I have to say that I was completely grateful for Valentines day 2010. I wasn't looking forward to it, because of the condition I was in. It wasn't like I could have a "Valentines Day" with Jake. I was recovering and had many weeks before I could even think about being intimate. I wasn't able to go to church and was a tad bit bummed about that too. The day had started, and we were watching Sunday appropriate movies and such trying to make the best of Sunday at home. We had some kids that weren't all that well either. After church, I had the chance to have the sacrament brought to my home. Kurtis was the one that was able to serve me the sacrament. I was so grateful to still be able to partake the sacrament in my home. Later that evening, my friend Erin and her family brought us a Valentines Day cake....CHOCOLATE. I was so grateful for her service.
4 comments:
That was really thoughtful of Erin and Chocolate! She IS a great friend. How nice to be able to take the sacrament from Kurtis in your home also.
That is so sweet...literally! I'm glad you have great friends.
So glad to hear there was something to brighten your day! One of my favorite memories of taking the sacrament was after I'd had my fourth c-section. I was in the hospital on a Sunday and when the volunteers brought in the sacrament and blessed it just for me, I remember feeling like the atonement was more personal than I had ever realized - Great experience.
Hope you're feeling better every day!
Chocolate is the sign of a true friend!!!!!
It sounds like your Sunday was the next best thing to being in church. What an awesome thing, to be able to have the sacrament served to you by your own son!!! He surely is growing up.
Post a Comment