Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Anthony's bag of magic tricks

After dropping my favorite nieces off in Malad and finding out I was overheating, Anthony pulled out his bag of magic tricks, aka Anthony's a diesel mechanic and knows everything that has anything to do with wheels and gears. He did what he thought would work. I got on the free way with Bridger and I instantly learned it's more than just lack of antifreeze. I overheated and pulled off the freeway. I limped it to Downy, Idaho and parked it at the truck stop off the highway. I called Jake the night before surgery and he came to my rescue. I got home in time to eat dinner and get ready for bed. A week later we went down to Pleasant Grove, Utah to bring back some things that Jakes mom gave us (another blog).

We headed back to Idaho and stopped off to put a thermostat in.....the bag of tricks Anthony carry's with him where ever he goes came with him. When we pulled off the freeway Jake noticed the passenger window was gone (so we thought) as we pulled up I noticed that it wasn't really gone, Bridger never rolled it up. But it had rained over the weekend and the wind had blown the rain in and across the seats and there was water marks on the steering wheel and the drivers side door. Wow, the wind was pretty strong. Then when we lifted the hood, we found a little friend had made a home on top of the engine. Probably when it was still warm. It wasn't there when we lifted it though. Anthony literally pulled his bag of tricks out, had all these gadgets and replaced the thermostat, tested it to make sure it had sealed and we were on our way home.

No comments: